Monday, September 13, 2010


The boat went back in the water Saturday afternoon on the 4th. No issues so far with any of the work we did in the yard. Happily the boat is not leaking and moves in the direction we want it to. We spent a day in Everett just in case there was an issue, and then headed back to Seattle to settle into our new slip a bit further north in the same marina. Since then we have been working to clean up the boat after our time in the yard and take care of a few last projects in preparation of the second half of our survey. Once the survey is done I have to wrap up some work issues and pack to head back to MN for a few days. Nicole is, has been, and will continue to work each day while I'm gone so we can live this luxurious life we have become accustom to. Our kitty, Hope, continues to goof off and does nothing to contribute to the financial security of our family; it may be about time to give her a stern talking-to.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Seeing red, finally

Yesterday we got a break in the weather and finished the last coat of red for the topsides. The white stripe will have to wait until we are back in the water, it's actually easier to do from the dock anyway. Splash date tomorrow morning (Saturday) so I need to get moving on the last few projects before we leave our beautiful temporary neighborhood in the boatyard. We'll probably take a couple days to get back to Seattle to take advantage of the holiday weekend, and hopefully by then our new slip will be vacant.